The STC Michigan Great Lakes (STC-MGL) chapter is having a logo design contest!
You could win a $50 Amazon gift card by designing a logo for the new STC-MGL chapter, formed when the STC Southeastern Michigan and West Michigan Shores chapters merged. The chosen logo will be used throughout our social media platforms, on our website, and in our supplementary materials.
- Use a vector-based application, such as Adobe Illustrator or Affinity Designer, to design a logo based on our mission and goals. To learn more about our chapter, visit our chapter website and visit the STC website to learn more about the organization.
- Images must be completely vector-based and licensed or free for website and print use.
- Up to three submissions per person. Submit entries to our council.
- The submission should be a ZIP package containing a total of six files, a 5-page editable PDF file, with one variation per artboard, and a PNG generated from each artboard, as follows:
- The general site or application icon is 512 x 512 pixels at 72 ppi. This is also used for social media.
- The masthead for the website is 1200 x 280 pixels at 72ppi.
- The T-shirt template is 2000 x 2000 pixels at 200ppi.
- The travel mug template is 916 x 582 pixels at 200ppi.
- A logo no more than 800 pixels wide at 300ppi for use on a three-fold brochure.
- All art must be vector based so that we can generate art at new sizes as requirements change.
- The background for all images must be transparent.
- Use colors and fonts that will coordinate with the current website theme.
Submission deadline: Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Judging: The STC-MGL Council will review the entries and select a winner who will be notified by November 13, 2020 via email. We reserve the right to declare that there is no winner.
Prize: $50 Amazon gift card and credit on the STC-MGL website for at least 6 months, as well as permanent portfolio rights.
Here are some chapter logos at work for inspiration:
Here are our previous chapter logos:
These are our current logos:
App icons are 512 x 512 pixels so they will work everywhere.
The current masthead is 1200 x 280 pixels, a requirement that is tied to the theme.