The STC Michigan Great Lakes (STC-MGL) chapter is having a logo design contest!
You could win a $50 Amazon gift card by designing a logo for the new STC-MGL chapter, formed when the STC Southeastern Michigan and West Michigan Shores chapters merged. The chosen logo will be used throughout our social media platforms, on our website, and in our supplementary materials.
- Use a vector-based application, such as Adobe Illustrator or Affinity Designer, to design a logo based on our mission and goals. To learn more about our chapter, visit our chapter website and visit the STC website to learn more about the organization.
- Images must be completely vector-based and licensed or free for website and print use.
- Up to three submissions per person. Submit entries to our council.
- The submission should be a ZIP package containing a total of six files, a 5-page editable PDF file, with one variation per artboard, and a PNG generated from each artboard, as follows:
- The general site or application icon is 512 x 512 pixels at 72 ppi. This is also used for social media.
- The masthead for the website is 1200 x 280 pixels at 72ppi.
- The T-shirt template is 2000 x 2000 pixels at 200ppi.
- The travel mug template is 916 x 582 pixels at 200ppi.
- A logo no more than 800 pixels wide at 300ppi for use on a three-fold brochure.
- All art must be vector based so that we can generate art at new sizes as requirements change.
- The background for all images must be transparent.
- Use colors and fonts that will coordinate with the current website theme.
Submission deadline: Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Judging: The STC-MGL Council will review the entries and select a winner who will be notified by November 13, 2020 via email. We reserve the right to declare that there is no winner.
Prize: $50 Amazon gift card and credit on the STC-MGL website for at least 6 months, as well as permanent portfolio rights.
Here are some chapter logos at work for inspiration:
Here are our previous chapter logos:
These are our current logos:
App icons are 512 x 512 pixels so they will work everywhere.
The current masthead is 1200 x 280 pixels, a requirement that is tied to the theme.
The Southeastern Michigan chapter and West Michigan Shores chapter of STC have merged to become STC Michigan Great Lakes chapter. STC will update their Communities page links eventually, but meanwhile, we can still be found there:
Please join us on Thursday, June 18, to celebrate the end of our successful 2019–2020 program year!
During this networking event we’ll share our personal highlights and accomplishments as a chapter, recognize outstanding contributions from council members, and introduce you to the new 2020–2021 STC Michigan Great Lakes chapter executive council.
Thursday, June 18
Virtual using Zoom
[ps2id id=’register’ target=”/]Register Here!
The 2020-2021 results of the STC Michigan Great Lakes Chapter Council Election are in! Many thanks to everyone who voted.
The STC Michigan Great Lakes chapter council officers for the 2020–2021 program year are:
- Co-Presidents: Peggy Frizzo and Lynnette Pryce
- Immediate Past President: Katherine Baeckeroot-Pavlovic
- Vice President: Shannon Lewis-Hillstrom
- Co-Treasurers: Pat Martz and Stephanie Sines
- Secretary: Nikita Kennard
- Membership Manager and Social Media Manager: Kelly Smith
- Event Registration: Heather Shelley
- Nominations Committee: Maryann Bowen and Alison Phillips
We thank all of our volunteers council members and committee members for offering their time and talent to lead our chapter during our transition year!
We are excited to announce that the STC West Michigan Shores chapter and the STC Southeastern Michigan chapter will merge to become an STC chapter representing all of Michigan as the STC Michigan Great Lakes Chapter, STC-MGL. Continue reading “Announcing the STC Michigan Great Lakes Chapter!”
We are pleased to announce that the Society for Technical Communication, Southeastern Michigan Chapter has received two awards from the Society for Technical Communication for 2020! Continue reading “STC-SM Receives Awards”
It’s not only a new year around the corner; it’s a new decade! Why not kick it off with a renewed sense of purpose in your personal and professional growth? STC-SM has a wealth of opportunities in 2020 for you to add a new volunteer role, council member title, or published article to your resume. Or perhaps you just want to expand your network and engage with other technical communicators? How about gaining leadership experience? Fortunately, our chapter offers ways for you to explore all of these areas, and more! Continue reading “Start the New Decade with New Opportunities!”
Fall is quickly approaching—it’s the time of year for introspection, reflection, and growth, as we evaluate what we have accomplished over the year and what we hope to achieve in the next.
If you’re considering ways to develop professionally as a technical communicator, or if you want to meet other technical communicators in Southeastern Michigan, please join STC-SM for our virtual open house on Tuesday, September 17, from 7–8:30 PM EST. You will learn more about STC and STC-SM, meet our council members, and hear about the different ways you can grow personally and professionally through our upcoming networking events and programs. Continue reading “Join Us at Our Virtual Open House September 17”
It’s that time of year again! Fall is upon us, so it’s back to school and time to kick off the STC-SM program year. Our first virtual coffee meetup of the fall will be held on Wednesday, September 11 from 12–1 p.m. EST on Zoom! Grab your favorite beverage or your lunch and join STC-SM members to discuss tech comm, STC, chapter events, and more! This is a great way to network with other technical communicators across southeastern Michigan in a relaxing and peaceful setting. We hope you will join us!
Wednesday, September 11
12–1 p.m. EST
Please register by September 10. We will send you instructions on how to join us.
Please join us on June 27 in Plymouth to celebrate the end of our exciting 2018-2019 program year! We’ll enjoy delicious Italian fare and hear from those who attended the STC Summit in Denver, share our personal highlights and our accomplishments as a chapter, and recognize some outstanding contributions from STC-SM council members!
Thursday, June 27
Pizza e Vino
849 Penniman Ave.
Plymouth, MI 48170
City of Plymouth parking map
All are welcome, so please bring a friend! STC membership is not a requirement to attend. The conversation and camaraderie are free, but everyone picks up the tab for their own food and drinks.
Please RSVP by June 26 so we can save you a seat.
We hope to see you there!